Tuesday 3 April 2012

COMMENTARY

If its one thing that people have to learn is that you can never think of anything as easy til you try it. Standing in front of about 200 people and giving your views on an extract from the Bible. Its not easy. Let me assure you. On my first time to give a commentary i sacrificed a whole prep preparing what to say and before that i had tried all possible ways to avoid giving the commentary. Begged and even tried to bribe just so that they could do it as they were more experienced. Everything was in vain and the only option was to skive and join the protestants. I don't how know it happened but i found myself in the catholic chapel and when the time came i delayed for about a minute to see if the future YCS chairman, Kisn Metobo, could give on my behalf. One minute gone and nobody stood. It was now or never and when i heard sighs of impatience, i stood up and made my way to the altar.I looked around and was glad that i had gone to confession. Oh i wished i could die there and then as i was ready for heaven. But nothing. I had to be a man i had
to face my fears, i had to do! For real, i had to grow up. Show courage! I was looking down. I felt like my heart could pop out at any second. My limbs were shaking. My neck was glued to my chest and my tongue and lips were too heavy. I gave it a trial and looked up and saw faces desperate for a commentary and was glad. I felt something burn in me and i pulled out a piece of paper where and i had written some notes. I started but with a bit of stammering. Some laughs here and there and the involuntary repetition of the word yes. Before i knew it it was all over. The applause from the congregation made me smile and was reassured that i can be brave. Little did i know that i would became the House rep of Kinya in the YCS Committee. That means that am gonna do a whole lot of commentaries before i get replaced, OH GOD !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment